How to create a winning team
Managing an office or facility in Singapore means working with a multitude of different nationalities and cultures. Do you get the best out of the multicultural mix?
If your aim is to increase team performance and to get the best out
of your team and business in Singapore, you need to establish the right
match between your management style and the needs of your team members.
- Take a deep dive into your own and other’s cultural mindsets and gain understanding of how culture determines our ways of working.
- Explore cultural similarities and differences between various Asians, Arabs and Westerners and define opportunities and pitfalls for successful collaboration.
- Increase overall team performance by developing successful leadership and communication styles in managing your team.
This program provides insights into the cultural aspects that impact
your business and team performance as well as tailored strategies to
successfully lead your multicultural team.
- Understanding the differences between relevant Western, Arab and Asian business cultures with regard to organization, leadership, management and communication
- Impactful communication strategies in daily work situations (leadership, feedback, negotiating)
- An effective approach and tools to manage diverse teams (motivating and committing)
Who should attend?
General managers, operational managers and team leaders of companies
who manage branch offices and facilities and have several years of experience in a multicultural environment.
The program will focus on the situational challenges of the participants in daily management of local branches and teams, such as issues related to hierarchy, planning and responsibility. We will address their questions in an interactive way. Together with the participants we develop appropriate responses to strengthen collaboration within their teams. We tailor to the national and professional cultural backgrounds of the participants, based on prior intakes.
The training program consists of the following modules:
Experiences & Expectations
Inventory of practical cases
The interaction between various Western, Arab and Asian business cultures regarding:
- Drivers and motivations
- Hierarchy and management
- Organization and meetings
- Time and planning
- Rules and regulations
Effective communication in daily work situations
- Communication styles across cultures (verbal and written)
- Motivating and giving feedback
- Convincing and negotiating
- Empowerment and responsibility
Reflection on one’s own cultural profile and preferred management styles
- Leadership styles across cultures
- Lesson’s learned and exemplary behaviors
- Building and managing diverse teams
Culture-Inc. is a cross-cultural training and consultancy provider, operating in The Netherlands, China, Singapore and Dubai. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with extensive practical experience in cross-cultural collaboration around the world.
Simone Buijzen, senior trainer cross-cultural management & communication.
Simone is an experienced professional and expat, having lived and worked for over 18 years Asia wide in Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, The Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
Simone has worked for multi-nationals, smaller companies and set up a
consultancy business in Asia. With a background in marketing and
branding she did a lot of qualitative market research in the Asian
region, which gave her an in-depth insight into the make-up and drivers
of many cultures around the region. Simone’s extensive professional and
personal experience has made her a well-qualified coach for high-end
teams and expat professionals as well as for their expat partners and
Simone has worked for a large array of clients among which are Unilever, Saatchi & Saatchi, Proctor & Gamble, Cargill, FrieslandCampina, Murdoch Magazines, ASML, KLM, Philips, ABN-Amro and DSM.
Friday 15 April 2016 (09.30 – 17.30 hrs)
Participants: max. 12 persons
Location: details will follow shortly
Investment: 725 SGD per person (incl. training materials and lunch)
9:30 AM - 5:30 PM SGT
- 108 Robinson Road
Standard $725.00 ADB members $725.00
On sale until Apr 14, 2016, 9:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- 108 Robinson Rd Singapore
In walking distance of MRT
Culture-Inc Singapore31 Followers